Work for us!
Here at Quail Studio we are always looking to expand our team of creative individuals, with new talent and design energy. So whether you are a graphic designer, knitwear designer or technical editor – check below for any open vacancies.
If you cannot see a role that fits your skills, but still think you have something fabulous to offer, then you could always drop us an email at email@example.com!
Please apply to all vacancies with your CV and covering letter/email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Part time Design Studio Administrator
We are a young, creative design studio that specialises in hand knitwear and crochet design. We publish our work globally through our publishing programme, along with concept publications that are designed for specific markets and brands.
We currently have a vacancy for a part time administrator in our Design Studio, to help with the day to day tasks that form part of our workflow.
Duties would include;
- Emailing clients and contractors with project updates and general day to day communication.
- Word processing using Microsoft Word to type up briefs and notes from design meetings.
- Publishing administration that can include sending images to third parties, registering book information with distributors, communication to our marketing teams about forthcoming titles and sending extract requests to press contacts.
- Arranging the dispatch of products from our warehouse to clients. This will include updating stock sheets, booking in deliveries and communicating with customers on delivery information.
- Booking jobs in with our external contractors and suppliers, communicating project timelines and ensuring that this part of the project keeps on track.
- General assistance to the design team and management team.
- Preparing the design room for any meetings happening that day. Printing of presentation and welcoming of guests to the office.
We are based in Buckingham, Buckinghamshire and would be looking for candidates who can easily travel, or are based locally.
Hours of work are flexible and we would look to set a schedule that fits in with both parties.
We look forward to receiving your CV and any references you may have.
Please email email@example.com with your CV or any questions.
Technical Editor & Pattern Writer
We currently have a vacancy for an experienced technical editor and pattern writer to work alongside our in-house team. We are looking for someone with passion and design flair who would be able to work between our studio in Bedfordshire and from home on a part time basis. The role would cover assisting in the concept design to pattern writing stage, and liaising with our knitters and pattern checking team. If you feel this could be something for you, please get in touch!
Skills and Experience Required:
- Good Microsoft Word & Excel skills
- Understanding of workflow and project management
- Past experience in editing patterns from a technical aspect
- A good knowledge of the knitwear industry, and yarn spinners
- Good time keeping skills, and awareness of deadlines
Test Knitters & Crocheters
We are always looking to expand our team of superb knitters & crocheters. Without these people our designs wouldn’t come to life. So if you have experience in this field then please contact us for more information. We would be more than happy to tell you more, and send you a project to get started on.